Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

OK, where are all those great Halloween pictures? I'm pretty sure Thomas and Anna had something to do with costumes and candy on Wednesday night, and I heard that even Noah got to celebrate his first holiday in style...and didn't anyone carve an artistic pumpkin??? So --- how about some posts so we can see all the fun?!

We had the usual halloween crowd here, and it was a lot of fun...probably about 80 kids. Your dad was at church so I had all the duties at home myself...I really didn't sit down for about two and a half hours, as the doorbell just kept ringing, so it wasn't the most relaxing evening, but it was fun to see kids having such a good time. And especially the little ones were just giggly and so excited...it was great weather and most kids had adults with them, and often the adults were in costume too. I even found a big orange plastic light up pumpkin in the basement (a momento of your dad's days at LLMHS) so I put that up outside. I haven't done outdoor decorating for halloween since the ghosts on the light fixtures and the resulting "teenager trap"...and this was pretty tame, but at least I felt I got in the spirit of it all :>)

I'm now glad the work week is over for me - I've worked 10-12 hour days trying to catch up on things, so I'm ready for a break. Tomorrow we go to Dennie and Cindy's - your dad has a meeting in the morning so we probably won't get there until about 3:30...but hopefully Cindy and I will have some time to shop, and then we're going to relax for the evening (and eat steaks off the grill) --- sounds like an excellent time.

On Saturday I plan to catch up with lawn and house work, and on Sunday I serve communion, work in the church nursery (I don't know yet how I'll do both), plus we have a potluck...so that day will start out busy...

I know you all have a lot going on...I haven't even talked too much on the phone this week because of my long hours at work, so feel I need to touch bases with all of you and find out about your lives. But hope all's going well....and as I said at the start...how about some Halloween posts???
Love you, Mom

No comments: