Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thankful

I was going to title this "After Thanksgiving"...but thought that would be sooo wrong. Thanksgiving goes on and on, and one of the things I'm most thankful for is my amazing children, their spouses, and my grandchildren...and the family pets :>) Thanks for the time you all spent here - it was such a fun holiday for us, and really relaxing.

And now I'm ready to turn my thoughts to Christmas, but won't have time until the weekend (or next week) to begin preparations. By then I'll really be in the mood since we have our "Christmas in the Country" on Friday and Saturday nights, and our heart sister Christmas dinner next Tuesday. Shirley Johnson and I finished planning the program for the heart sisters last Sunday night, and today I've spent part of the morning putting together a "Mrs Santa" costume for the skits on the weekend (luckily, we keep a lot of odds and ends around this house, so I have possibilities...). Other things on my agenda today - call people for the heart sister affair, and then go to the grocery store and get evaporated milk so I can make turkey divan for supper and use some leftover turkey (sound good, Abby?) The sad news for today is that we have to miss Thomas's band concert since your dad has a meeting tonight (actually, he has two)...so Thomas, stick with your clarinet, and we'll plan to be at the next concert!

Actually, I won't keep going on, but just wanted to say how great it was to have each of you here for the weekend. I found Anna's little note this morning as I was putting things away - "Luve Yor litL grand children"...and I surely do! Each one is so precious - Noah so new and sweet, with all his cute expressions; and Anna - growing so fast and drawing and writing and still looking for the bear brothers; and Thomas, already so grown up - hey, he's not sure he even wants hugs anymore! ( but he gets them anyway)
'Tis all a good time!

So - now I know you're all back to your normal routines, and I hope you're each having a good, good week. Farkle on.... Love you, Mom

2 comments:

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

i am thankful too. but i wish my camera worked so i could put some pictures up on the blog. hope all is going well with each of you. it was great to see everyone last week. matt

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

Us too, we will be putting on the family pictures and some others soon...just need to find time to download them to the computer. Peter/Meg/Noah