Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tuesday thoughts

Well, where to begin? First, thank you all for your thoughts and calls while I was in the hospital. And Abby, thanks for coming, and for cheering me with conversation, the home and garden network, and a game of Scrabble. I can't say how much I appreciate FAMILY...you are so special to me!I'm doing ok now...although I can't say I'm just positive that acid reflux is really my problem...but I'm going to try to read up some about it and then I see the dr next week again, so maybe will have some intelligent questions by then.

Peter, the dr put me on Nexium, but as you said, it's really expensive. Larry said it would be about 85 dollars for a month, and suggested a generic instead, which was less than six dollars. He called the dr and she agreed...so I'm starting on Omepraz. Could you let me know anything you know about it? Is it the same deal as Nexium and as effective? They said to take Nexium half an hour before breakfast, but the Omepraz came with no instructions (just "one by mouth daily")...should I take it before a meal too? Any thoughts to enlighten me would be great. Also, does it work right away or take a bit to kick in? And any side effects? Thanks!

Next subject: The new BOY coming into the family!!!!! I'm so excited! And so happy to know that everything looks good to this point...now I can't wait to see some pictures. Peter and Megan, I definitely plan to pass all of Peter's baseball cards and Twins stuff on to junior - maybe I can keep it until he turns eight, but then it all moves into your house!

Sarah---you blogged!!! That's great! Now that you know how, I'll be expecting more! We definitely plan to come for your pinning. I know Peter works - Matt gets off work at 6:30 so will plan to come - and Abby and T/A are considering coming up with us, but are not sure if the details can work out yet. We'll drive up Wednesday afternoon, and leave early Thursday AM so both your dad and I can get to work Thursday morning.

(The Friday after Sarah's pinning I have the fun of helping Abby with Anna's birthday party - a kitty theme if any of you have ideas for it! I was thinking a live kitten for each girl to take home as a door prize, and, of course, one for the birthday girl...but Abby nixed that thought!)

Thomas, it was wonderful to see how well you did on your research project on Alaska - 50 out of 50 points! Do you get to bring the project home sometime so I'll be able to see it? Also - did your mom tell you that I saw you on television? I saw you on the 10 o'clock news - you were wearing a green shirt. Grandpa saw you too :>) Very cool!

When I talked to Matt he said his graduation is the first Friday night and Saturday in June...details to come.

We're hoping to come to the Cities Friday evening - your dad would like to finish the plumbing work at Peter's for sure...so we'll keep in touch. So for now I'm heading to bed...I didn't sleep the best in intensive care, and will really appreciate my own bed tonight.

Again, thanks to each of you for thoughts and prayers and concern - Love you, Mom

1 comment:

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

Mom, works the same...take 30 minutes before breakfast and it does take a few days for omeprazole (as well as Nexium) to get into the system and start working...so by this weekend it should start to be effective.
Peter