Tuesday, March 27, 2007

dear blog,

i hope you are doing well. life has been pretty busy here. yesterday i got to really enjoy the wonderful weather... can you believe that it was 76 degrees in March! i started the day playing tennis with my roommate. i'm a little rusty, but my serve is getting better. maybe some day i could play against brother peter (hint, hint). after that, i headed to work. luckily, i got to spend most of work outside making hamburgers and vegetables on the grill. i had veggie burgers which were pretty good. then i cleaned my room.

today was also pretty busy. my roommate and i woke up early to go to north minneapolis where we are planning to live next year. it was a lot of fun looking at all of the different kinds of houses up there (and we even got to meet some of the "would be" neighbors). after that, i headed to my first day of classes. today i only had one class. it was a decent class. my goal for this last semester is to not procrastinate. that way, i can enjoy the great weather and not feel guilty. after class, i got to head over to my favorite brother's house. he and megan treated me to wonderful breadsticks and papa john's pizza. it was great to see both of them. it seems like megan is feeling better, so that is very good news. i still can't believe my older brother is having a kid... to think that the one who would always coerce my candy away from me and beat me up would one day bring a new life into this world! well, i know that he will be a great dad and i am glad that i finally get to be an uncle again.

i finished the day running around lake calhoun. it was such a beautiful night and i was feeling very good, so i ran nine miles. that's the longest i have run in a while, so i was pretty happy with myself. well, i gotta go. i hope all you bloggers are doing well, matt

3 comments:

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

Hey Matt.
I just wanted to let you know we don't have dental insurance, either, so don't be acting all special!
The kids and I went to The Last Mimzy last night. It was good. Thomas especialy loved it. I fact the first thing he said after the credits started to roll was "I got to get that book!"
Tonight we are going to paint. I bought a big canvas and paint at Hobby Lobby (the kids helped), and the kids are going to make me a new abstract painting for behind the couch. I think it sould be fun. We needed something bigger. I'll post a picture of it if it turns out decent. Then later tonight we have church. Justin is gone this week because one of his dads guys hurt his knee. He is going to be out a couple weeks it sounds like. Justin should be home Thusrday night. Hopefully he'll drive the kids to school Friday!
I was looking at the calander- we might go home on Friday instead of Saturday. Any chance you can come Friday? We will go to Denny and Cindy's house on Sunday. What are your plans again? Can you come home early? I want to kick your butt at Scrabble (at least once!) What are your plans Pete and Megan?
Talk later! Abby

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

abby- i have to work friday night until 10 pm, so i dont think that i will be able to come home early. sarah and i are probably going to leave early (er) saturday morning. we are probably going to stay until sunday afternoon. hope your painting goes well... i am sure that it will end up looking very much like a jackson pollock. talk to you later, matt

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

Doesn't Jackson Pollack have Alzheimers, and his paintings made while ill continue to go at a very high price? Pretty amazing...and maybe a whole new way for Thomas and Anna to fund college. Be sure to let us see the results!

Dentist...I had a tooth capped (the dentist is slowly taking out all the really old fillings I've had in since I was a teenager, and capping those teeth...I think it's enough money to keep him through his retirement years.) Getting the cap wasn't so bad - although 2 hours in the dentist's chair is about my very top limit! But the bad news is that when my mouth was all numb with novacaine I accidentally bit my tongue - I was suppose to be biting down so they could make an impression, and I realized that something was there but I thought it was the dentist's finger and he'd move it. I had no idea it was my tongee --- ok, that sounds dumb, but now my tongue is really sore. The other bad news is that now the dentist told me another of my teeth needs a root canal - he found a small sore in my mouth, which I thought was a canker sore or something that would just go away, but he x-rayed and determined there's infection and so now next Wednesday I go for the root canal...I'm definitely not looking forward to that!

Tonight we had kids club again - always a busy night. And tomorrow after work I'll have to quick clean since I have a deaconess meeting her at 8 on Friday AM. Then I have Bible Study at 9:30 on Friday morning...and then I hope to make a trip to Marshall either Friday or Saturday for some things we need. And Sunday is pot luck at church. Time will go quickly. Next week I have study club on Monday night, Family Council on Tuesday night (I lead it, at the nursing home - our medical director will be speaking on dementia), Wednesday I have my dreaded root canal, and Thursday night is the Maundy Thursday service at church, and I set up communion for that. But the good news is that after that...Easter weekend! We're looking forward to it already, and will all just kick back and relax and enjoy it.

OK, I didn't mean for this "comment" to turn into a book...But I'm glad you're all doing well---talk soon. Love you, Mom