Saturday, March 3, 2007

Snow here too!!

I wish I could do the picture thing for the blog, because it is absolutely so beautiful outside right now. We got 15-20 inches of new snow yesterday - and on top of what we already had, it's verrry deep out there. And it all looks so bright and clean (I have to say, prettier than on the streets of Minneapolis, Matt - I liked your pics, but Linden Avenue would be more photogenic!) The bad news, of course, is that Peter and Megan won't be coming due to the weather :>( So I surely hope that we can work out another time! It looks pretty calm here in town, but I guess visibility in the country is very poor due to blowing snow.

The other bad news related to the snow storm is that your dad's been eagerly waiting for the chance to compete with all the other guys on our block in using his snowblower...and wouldn't you know it, we finally get the big storm and his snowblower won't start! He was pretty perturbed! He tried new spark plugs and that didn't help, so I don't know what the next plan will be. Luckily for us, all our sidewalks and the alley were cleared by the other guys around here (boys do like their toys...)

Thomas and Anna, I liked all your pictures on the blog...and yes, Thomas, you should write in the blog again. Maybe you could given an explanation about the model you made (I already know about it, but I bet the others don't, and they're all scratching their heads, wondering about it!) And Anna, I liked seeing your cheetah again - but not as much as I liked seeing you with another tooth out! And you posed so nice in front of your fireplace...you must have been having your own fashion show!

I loved this snow day, and didn't go out of the house all day. No newspaper or mail, of course, but I got the house cleaned and that feels great! And I finished the book I was reading - it really captured me. It was "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham. It's non-fiction about an innocent man on death row - Justin, you'd especially find it interesting with your legal background. (It actually is a little scary, and makes you wonder about our legal system at times...) Then tonight your dad and I decided on the "picnic pack" from Pizza Ranch for supper - it just seemed like such a perfect day for a picnic! So we had chicken, potato salad, and (my favorite) cactus bread...

Since Sarah doesn't write in the blog, I'll just update you a little on her. She finished her intensive therapy group today. I think she really appreciated this group and felt it was a benefit to her. She said the therapist talked with her today about ending her speech therapy. She's finding it hard to accept that, but I told her it's a mark of success that she's accomplished enough that she can move on. I know the therapists have all been such a huge support to her that it's hard to lose that connection. She'll go again yet on Monday for the post-testing after her intensive group - and I'm thinking she can still continue with speech therapy at the U of M if she desires (and pays for it herself).

A few dates --- Lanesboro is April 27 - 29. I think Sarah and Kojoe graduate May 14-15, and Matt graduates June 2-3. We're thinking of camping somewhere near the Cities for the weekend of Matt's graduation - anyone can join us. Also, we're planning to camp near Duluth the weekend of June 23rd as Matt's running in the Grandma's Marathon that Saturday - anyone want to come for that too? Just a few things as you think ahead...(kind of pleasant to think of camping, now that it's like the dead of winter outside again!)

OK, really late now and time for bed...Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Megan, hope you'll feel well enough to eat (and especially drink). And, Matt, hope you get your reading done! 'night, all.....Mom

No comments: