Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ramblin' on

Hi, all of you. It's not that I have anything particularly newsy to say, but of course, that won't necessarily stop me from rambling on awhile in the blogosphere...
We had a wonderful time with Abby and Thomas and Anna here. Abby and I went to see Music and Lyrics, which had a few funny moments but was not great. And we ended up driving back from Worthington to Slayton in absolutely terrible weather, with blowing snow and very poor visibility. Abby kept begging to drive, but I made her just sit tight while I manuevered - she survived, but I think she was a bit terrorized by the time we got home! Matt, we got in only one game of Scrabble, and Abby won :>( We duly noted it in the dictionary. On Saturday I worked at the Manor booth at the Farm and Home show in the high school gym, so everyone came over there for a bit...Abby took the kids on a tour of the school and they got to see her old locker. I'm sure they were pretty thrilled. That night Thomas went to a Scout thing with your dad, who took his popcorn machine - and I think they both enjoyed it - and they both really smelled like popcorn when they got back! Anna got in a little time to play with the girls next door - she always looks forward to that. All in all, it was really a fun time...

On Sunday I worked at the nursing home (which is now closed to visitors due to a flu outbreak - again!), and then we had a pancake dinner and silent auction at church to raise funds for the youth group mission trip - I hadn't had pancakes for a while and they tasted great! Monday Paul drove to the Cities to trade cars with Sarah - and I had a wonderfully quiet day here at home. I finished reading such a good book (The Glass Castle - or maybe The Glass House - by Jeanette Wall - I think that was her name - a true story and riveting. Peter and Matt, it may not be your cup of tea, but all "the girls" would like it.) Then I quick made an almond cake, and went to book club --- and that takes us to today - back to work and the "normal routines".

Matt, I really liked your idea about picking out a weekend in summer when we can all camp together --- can you all look at your calendars, or do you know this far ahead what your work weekends will be? Your dad and I can be pretty flexible!

Also, our Cancun weekend is April 20-21-22 this year (in Lansboro) - Who can come???

Also, does anyone know their plans for Easter yet? We're open to whatever works.

Megan and Peter, I'm glad you had a good time on the North Shore - sounds like it was very relaxing! And we're looking forward to your coming to Slayton the weekend after next - hope that will work out.

All of you, have a great week! Love you and miss you! Mom

1 comment:

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

no plans for easter yet. i think i will probably get at least some of the weekend off.