Sunday, February 4, 2007

Texas

We made it...Peter's old car and all! We had a wonderful trip...I crocheted most of the way, and we listened to some books, listened to the radion(including the Prairie Home Companion joke show), got in some talking...the good news is that it got warmer and warmer as we drove. When we got to Waco yesterday I noticed people were wearing short sleeves! In fact, we turned off the heat partway through the trip and eventually even opened the air vents :>) So....it it still below zero in MN???? One of the nicest things we saw yesterday was a combination of blue jays and cardinals at a woodsy rest stop area...that made me smile, bu my camera was packed away too far for a picture. Before we got to Stan and Sandy's we stopped at our "favorite" fish place (ok, we've just been there twice before, but it's great, has a big log fireeplace, and a lot of atmosphere)...then we got here about 9 pm. Talked til midnight, and then a good night's sleep. And today will be church and superbowl day...and we'll make our plans for the rest of the week. I think the temps will be in the 50s and maybe 60s...Now everyone's ready for breakfast so I'll go. Y'all have a great day! (would one of you call Sarah and let her know we got here ok, in case she doesn't check this blog?) PS, Anna - I loved the way your hair looked in your pictures! You really looked like a princess!!!

3 comments:

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

OK, you can see I don't do well on Stan's laptop. The keyboard and mouse are different and it works slower so I thought what I wrote hadn't published...so reallly, we only got to Texas once, nol four times!!! Sorry for making a mess of this great blog!!

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

I'm glad you got there ok. It is freezing here, so I'm a little jealous. Have a great trip! I've got to go. We have church, then lunch with our pasters family, then a superbowl party at Jen and Troys. Then two day shifts. I can't wait for Wed. I don't plan to get off the couch all day. (Justin might not agree with that plan, though!) Love Abby
PS I'll let Anna know about the hair.

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

PS again- I took out the extra "texas's" for you. Abby