Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday night

What an unusual weekend. Normally if we have a snow storm I still have to go to work, since the nursing home never closes...But since this storm was on the weekend, I felt like Saturday and Sunday were total "snow days" for me. I lazed around late each morning, read a lot, did barely anything constructive (except made some cookies and some pumpkin bread tonight, which I'll probably take to work tomorrow)...what a nice change of pace for a very short time, but it would not be at all good if I was this lazy much longer!

Earlier I talked to my sister Carol and she said Katie is due March 11th. Carol had just been to Chicago to visit her, and feels the baby will be on time or early, and they're all pretty excited.

Your dad's been in and out of the house numerous times today, unlike me who hasn't been out even once (our church was cancelled due to the ice and snow). He's monkeyed with the snow blower, done some shoveling, been out twice for newspapers, once for coffee, and once for groceries, and then he ended the evening with a Scout meeting...

Tomorrow morning it's back to work for me, and I'm hoping our flu epidemic at the nursing home will be over - it's been closed to visitors for about a week. It felt like such a relief to get out of there on Thursday while I was still well...I really don't want to pick up any of the stuff going around right now!

Peter and Megan - we're looking forward to your coming next weekend - hope the weather holds so that will work out :>)

Abby, thanks for posting all the pics...I loved seeing them!

Matt, how'd your visit with Winnie and Sarah go? And are you making headway on your reading?

As you can see, I really had no news...but just wanted to send a HI to all of you......... and............
All of you, have a great week! Love you, Mom

No comments: