Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

Well, I can understand why no one is writing in this blog ---the last posting from Peter and Megan is pretty hard to top in the news category! At least I know I don't have anything of comparable impact to report on!

But since it IS Valentine's Day, my thoughts turn to those I love, so this is a good way to at least say HI. You probably thought your dad and I would be having a romantic dinner together, but no - he'll soon be leaving for kids club at church, and I'm thinking I'll scramble some eggs and have a quiet dinner with a book ( or maybe a CSI show if I eat late enough...) But --- we do have plans to eat out at Kinbrae soon, and he gave me a pretty great Valentine gift, an undercounter radio/cd player to replace the radio I had. It even has a remote. So now I have to figure out how to use it. (If anyone needs an undercounter radio let us know.)

Your dad and I wrote a skit for kids club tonight since they'll be having a valentine's day party, and for the skit your dad has to dress up like a cupid superman...it's been kind of a kick to plan that:>) I'm hoping someone will take a picture.

Some local news...today we got a wedding announcement for Tony Widboom - he and his wife got married in January in Edina, with only the immediate family present. Maybe some of you know that already. Also, Judge Holt's house is for sale (I think Tommy and Tammy are getting a divorce) and the historical society in town in hoping to buy it to fix up and use for gatherings, receptions, and as a tea room type thing (and a place for some of their old furniture and stuff)...I think that would be great, so I hope it works out. Also, our church had a very successful fundraising campaign, so the building committee is seriously deciding on plans for the new addition. If you think of it, this is a real item for prayer - it's a lot of money to spend and there needs to be a consensus on which direction to go and a spirit of peace about it.

I'm sure I could go on "chatting" - but that's probably about enough for now...and hopefully I'll talk to y'all before too long...Have a great V-Day! (Megan's probably fighting nausea, Peter's working til 10, Matt's preparing for the class he teaches Thursday, Abby's recuperating from 4 long days/nights of nursing, Sarah's busy with her intensive aphasia workshop, Kojoe's preparing for his test on Thursday, Justin's probably shoveling snow if their weather is like ours...so that leaves Thomas and Anna to get in the spirit of the day...hope it's fun!) Love you all, Mom

3 comments:

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

Judy- you are right! I am at home trying to fight off the nausea. What a fun V-day for me. Happy V-day to you and Paul. I hope you enjoy you book and eggs! Meg

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

We went out to Champs tonight for supper to celebrate- it was kids eat free night and it was still happy hour so Justin got half price nachos- quite a deal! We just got home and the kids are going to have a sleep over in Thomas's room. We told them they could bring the TV up from the basement and play gamecube. I think we might regret this (now that they know it is an option). Anna got a call from a boy to wish her Happy Valentines Day- so she is very excited. He has the flu and has been out of school, so I think his mom let him call everyone. Anna feels pretty special though. They voth had a great day at school. And the conferences last night went really good. No problems. Anyway- I better go. I hear chaos upstairs. Everyone- Have a great Valentines Day! Abby
PS Megan- I'm so sorry about the morning sickness. Soda crackers might work. (which I bet you've already tried). Keep them right in the bedroom and eat a couple before you even sit up in bed. In fact- just stay in bed all day! I always tried to do that, but Justin objected. Again, congrats! We are so excited!

Horn/Bosma Family Blog said...

happy day after v-day. just got done teaching that class... it went okay (kind of got lost in the middle, but the ending and beginning were decent) but i really have a lot to learn about teaching. its a lot harder than writing a paper. hope your feeling better lil' sis. also, hope the kids didn't stay up too late playing gamecube.

later, matt