Friday, January 12, 2007

Mom again

Now that I'm fairly sure about getting words into the blog, I'll add a few more. Did you see your dad even put down a comment? I thought that was pretty amazing since he usually doesn't even check e-mail...of course, his comment got on there twice so there must be a "technical error", but it's a good effort! Here's a thought - I see Megan signed her comment, and that's a good idea...

Matt, again thanks for initiating this. I keep wanting to check the blog to see if anything new is added...I enjoyed the new entries from both you and Peter, and it IS a good way to stay in touch. (And I really like the pics - I want some advice when one of you is home on how to add pics, and how to move them into files...)


We just got home from the Manor Christmas party - I won a door prize, a picture that said "Count your blessings" which I really liked, but then your dad saw a sign that said "Home is where your story begins" and he liked that so much that I traded my picture for it...Now I have to decide where to hang the sign. I like it too - I keep thinking it would have been so fitting for Grandma June...you kids (like us) have wonderful long stories, and are now adding to those stories (and you've added so many great new people into our family's story - Justin, Megan, Kojoe, Thomas, Anna...) and you're making your own stories. Matt, you talked about being discouraged at times by all that happens in the world, and that's so understandable...but there are many wonderful stories out there, and some hard stories hold promise, and many have unexpected turns, and endings that are better than expected...I know you see that too, in the many people you meet and work with...

Speaking of stories, it's time to go - your dad is waiting for me and we're going to watch some story or another before bed --- he's got a number of DVDs so we'll see which one it is... We're hoping to see Abby and Justin and kids tomorrow, although our plans aren't firm yet (since I don't see Abby contributing to this blog I guess I'll have to check on her in person....hint, hint, Abby) So - catch you all later!!

No comments: